Love balloon volleyball is a life attitude!
Gas volleyball is a high-intensity and high-tech sport, and in the game, spike defense is one of the very important skills.
If you want to be the MVP in balloon volleyball, then you must master the skills and strategies of spike defense.
In this paper, we will deeply discuss the techniques, strategies and training methods of volley defense in balloon volleyball to help you improve your level and become the MVP in the competition.
Defensive technique of spiking
Standing posture and movements
When defending against spiking, the correct standing posture and movements are very important, which can help you catch the spiking of the opponent better.
The correct standing posture means that your feet are shoulder-width apart, your knees are slightly bent, and your body is balanced.
When receiving the spike from the opponent, you need to move forward quickly and straighten your arm.
This will ensure that you can catch the opponent’s spike as much as possible.
Judge the direction of the opponent’s attack
In the competition, the opponent will adopt various attack strategies, including spike, lob and ping ball.
Therefore, you need to constantly observe each other’s movements and postures in the game in order to judge the attack direction of each other.
If you can accurately judge the opponent’s attack direction, then you can make a better response in the game and prevent the opponent from scoring.
The skill of catching the ball is the most critical link in the defense of spiking.
When you catch a spike, you need to move quickly and straighten your arm so as to catch the spike as much as possible.
When catching the ball, you need to pay attention to the following points:
Watch the ball
When receiving the spike from the opponent, you need to keep a clear eye on the trajectory of the ball and straighten your arm to catch the ball as much as possible.
Catch the ball with your arm
When you catch a spike, you need to catch the ball with your arm and straighten your arm. This will give you better control over the trajectory of the ball and prevent it from popping up.
You need to keep your balance when you catch a spike. If you lose your balance, then you can’t control the trajectory of the ball and you are likely to make mistakes.
Defensive strategy of spiking
Formulate effective defensive strategies
In the game, you need to make a defensive strategy according to your opponent’s attack style and weakness.
For example, if your opponent likes to use spike attacks, you can choose to set more defenders in the front row and more receivers in the back row.
This will allow you to better defend your opponent’s spike and reduce his chances of scoring.
Cooperation among players
In the competition, the cooperation between the players is very important.
You need to establish good communication with your teammates in order to work together better.
When defending the spike, you need to establish a tacit understanding with your teammates and support each other in order to better defend against each other’s attacks.
Defensive form of spiking
The defensive form of spiking is a combination of front block and back defense.
According to the number of people who take part in blocking, it can be divided into three forms: unmanned blocking, single blocking, double blocking and three-person blocking.
Various blocking forms have their own advantages and disadvantages. A high-level balloon volleyball team must be proficient in various forms and use them flexibly and correctly according to the changes and needs on the field.
1. The defensive form without blocking
The defense form without blocking is the most elementary and simple defense form, which is suitable for beginners of balloon volleyball or when the opponent’s attack is weak.
(1) Five-a-side standing method: When adopting the attack form of middle 22, the setter is in front of the No.3 net, the No.2 and No.4 players retreat to participate in the defense in the midfield area, and other players defend in the backcourt area; When using the side-two-two attack form, the setter is near the No.2 net, the No.3 and No.4 players retreat to defend the frontcourt, and the other players defend the backcourt.
(2) Four-man standing method: When using the side three attack tactics, the setter is in front of the No.2 net, the No.3 player retreats to defend the frontcourt, and the other players defend the backcourt.
2. Defensive form under single block
The defensive form under single block is generally adopted when the opponent’s offensive power is not great, the route changes little, or it is too late to organize a collective block because of the tactical confusion of the opponent.
Its advantage is that it increases the number of defenders and facilitates the organization of counterattacks. If the opponent’s attack is strong, the first line of defense is weak when blocking by one person.
Take the five-a-side system as an example, there are two ways to defend when a single person blocks the net.
(1) The defensive form in which the players in the position corresponding to the spiking players of the other side block the net from person to person. Take the opponent’s attack at position 4 as an example. The player at position 2 blocks the ball by himself, the player at position 3 retreats to prevent the drop ball, and the player at position 4 retreats to form a semi-arc defensive circle with other players, each of whom is responsible for defending an area.
(2) Fixed the defensive form of blocking by the No.3 player. No matter the opponent attacks from any position, the No.3 player blocks the net, and the No.2 and No.4 players retreat to form a semi-arc defensive circle with other players, each of whom is responsible for defending an area.
3. The defensive form under double block
When the opponent’s offensive power is great, the route changes a lot, and a single block is not enough to stop the opponent’s attack. In the five-person system, there are two ways of double blocking defense according to the situation of different back-row players following up defense and the different positions of front-row players who don’t stop.
(1) Internal withdrawal defense form: a method of internal withdrawal defense by players who don’t block the net in the front row. This form of defense is generally used when the opponent attacks in the backcourt and it is not convenient to smash the small diagonal ball.
At the same time, it can defend the empty area, but it is inconvenient for the players who withdraw from the protection to turn to counterattack.
For example, when the opponent’s No.4 attack, our No.3 and No.2 players form a double block, and the No.4 player withdraws inward to defend the ball behind the blocking player. If the opponent’s No.3 attack, the No.3 and No.4 players of our side form a double block, then the No.2 player will withdraw from the defense for protection.
(2) Side-following defense form: A player at No.1 or No.5 follows up the anti-dropping ball or the ball in the frontcourt, which is called side-following defense form. This form is generally used when the opponent’s offensive strength is relatively strong, tactical changes are more, and the lob is less.
For example, when the opponent’s No.4 attack, our No.3 and No.2 players form a double block, and the No.1 player will follow up behind the blocking player to prevent the drop ball or the ball in the frontcourt.
If the opponent’s No.2 attack, our No.4 and No.3 players form a double block, then the No.5 player will follow up behind the blocking player to prevent the ball from being dropped or the ball in the frontcourt.
4. Defensive form under three-person block
The form of three-person blocking defense is adopted when the opponent’s spike is strong, the route changes a lot, and the lob is few.
Three-man blocking strengthens the strength of the first line of defense, but it increases the difficulty of defending in the back row, which is also inconvenient for organizing counterattack.
This form of defense is only used in the five-a-side competition when the blocking skill level is high and the players are tall.
Defensive training method of spiking
Strengthen physical fitness
Balloon volleyball is a high-intensity sport, so you need to strengthen your physical fitness, including endurance, speed, strength and flexibility.
You can strengthen your physical fitness by running, skipping rope and lifting weights.
Enhance reaction ability
In balloon volleyball competition, reaction speed is very important.
You need to strengthen your reaction ability in training in order to better deal with the opponent’s attack.
You can enhance your reaction ability by means of reaction trainer and reaction ball.
Practice spiking skills
Spike-catching skill is the most critical link in spike-catching defense.
You need to keep practicing your spiking skills in training in order to master this skill better.
You can improve your spiking skills by practicing with your teammates and watching teaching videos.
Simulated game scene
In training, you need to simulate the game scene in order to better adapt to the environment and rhythm of the game.
You can ask a coach or teammate to simulate the game scene, so as to better train your spike defense skills.
The spike defense of gas volleyball is one of the most important skills in gas volleyball competition.
To become the MVP in the competition, you need to master the skills and strategies of spike defense, and constantly improve your level in training.
In the game, you need to formulate defensive strategies according to your opponent’s attack methods and weaknesses, and establish good communication and tacit understanding with your teammates in order to better cooperate with each other.
By strengthening physical fitness, enhancing reaction ability, practicing spiking skills and simulating game scenes, you can improve your defensive level of spiking and become the MVP in the game.